Monday, June 18, 2018

Keep to Myself


Keep to Myself
6/16/2018

I often hide behind my doors
And lock them, so no one comes in,
I’m just so shy that I want to cry.
Talking with people seems foreign.
So, I hide in my room with a book in hand
Or when I’m alone I like to sing,
But often I feel out of place
And the feeling starts to sting.
But I hate getting left behind
I hate feeling left out,
Though in conversation, I get pushed aside
And it makes me want to shout!
TO SCREAM at the injustice
And the things I just can’t say.
But instead I stay behind my door
Hoping that it will go away.
Though often it’s a lonely life
Where people pass me bye,
I live happily in my solitude
Without a question or thought of why.

I keep to myself and come out when I want
I do what I wish with nary a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment