Monday, October 16, 2017

Creativity Faucet

Creativity Faucet
10/16/2017

Why is creativity
So hard to come across?
Why does it just come and go?
For me it’s a major loss.

Come back my creativity!
Don't abandon me this way!
Come back! Come back! Where is it at?
I don’t know what to say!
What words do I put on paper?
Without it, I don’t know.
When it’s gone, lost for far too long,
The words, they just don’t flow.

But wait! I’ve suddenly found it!
The words are coming to me,
They are finding their way onto the page
I think I just might see,
For creativity is like a faucet
And when you turn it on,
It flows and goes and no one knows
Just when it will come to a stop.

But as soon as you close the faucet
That handle starts to rust.
It gets harder and harder just to turn
So, in truth you really must
Constantly let the water flow
So the handle will always turn,
Because creativity is hard to find
And it’s something you must earn. 

No comments:

Post a Comment