Sunday, April 26, 2015

Anger

Anger
4/26/2015

Anger is a pain, deep in my chest
It throbs, it pulses, it will never rest
A red haze descends and constricts my sight
Until everything seems bad and I just want to fight
Or run away, and seethe, quietly alone
And any confrontation I try to postpone
Until it boils up and I can’t hold it in
My stomach feels nauseous, I feel too big for my skin
And my head feels like it will pop
And I’m not sure I can stop
The tirade of words that wish to spill out
Though I wish I could do without
The haze on my thoughts, so I can think clearly
As anger covers all and I nearly
Do something I don’t want to do
But I try to take a deep breath and break through
The fury seething like a volcano
And my whirling emotions like a tornado
So I can calmly face the problem at hand
So the cause of my anger they can all understand
And we can fix the problem that created this emotion
And we can stop this ceaseless constant erosion
At the walls of the dam that keeps in my voice
And hopefully now I can have the choice
To notice that anger, that seething hate
That causes me to groan and be irate
And instead we can talk and solve the problem
And if we get lucky we can get down to the bottom
Of the anger and there will be a solution
And we can come to a calm and quiet resolution. 

No comments:

Post a Comment