Friday, February 27, 2015

Make the Madness Disappear

Make the Madness Disappear
2/27/2015

I’d give anything to make the madness disappear
And stop the spinning in my head
But all I can do is grit my teeth and persevere.

My worries whirl and with my sleep they interfere
As I lay staring at the ceiling above my bed
I’d give anything to make the madness disappear.

The panic hits me in the chest like a spear
And I can’t breathe through the insistent dread
And all I can do is grit my teeth and persevere.

But through my pounding heart I cannot hear
Anything else that ever is said
And I’d give anything to make the madness disappear.

My wayward breath is a cruel mutineer,
My chest hurts so much; I think I may be dead
But all I can do is grit my teeth and persevere.

Through the panic and worry, I can’t stop the tears
I have no choice but to let it consume me instead
And I’d give anything to make the madness disappear
But all I can do is grit my teeth and persevere. 

No comments:

Post a Comment